Tongue papilloma is a dangerous manifestation of virus activity and develops from epithelial cells. It can form not only on the surface of the tongue, but also on the mucous membranes of the oral cavity. Such neoplasms are painful, often marked by bleeding, their appearance is associated with inflammation.
What is a papilloma on the tongue
It is not difficult to determine the presence of a formation on the surface of the tongue. This rash is characterized by a rounded shape, rises to the mucous membrane and has a broad base.
Papillomas on the tongue are a dangerous manifestation of HPV. Symptoms: Tongue growths are rounded, up to 2 cm in size, breast-like, with a soft texture.
Diagnosis: Differential diagnosis with oncological diseases of the tongue. Treatment: Antiviral, immunocorrectors, removal.
The size of the formation is from 2 mm to 2 cm Location: mainly on the back or edges of the tongue. In some cases - on his beard or under it. When a neoplasm is located near the root of the tongue, it can only be identified by examination by a physician or during extensive growth.
Outwardly, the papilloma resembles a breast, it is similar in color to the shadow of the surrounding tissues and has a soft structure. Both single and multiple formations appear on the surface of the tongue.
Often, the presence of papillomas in the tongue is not given due attention and a specialist is visited if the growths have become impressive in size or their number has increased significantly.
The papilloma itself does not cause pain discomfort or itching. But due to frequent damage to the growth, severe pain and bleeding. In addition, growth interferes with the process of chewing, swallowing, speaking, and sometimes breathing.
Tongue papilloma is often found in the practice of dentists and ENT physicians. Removal is usually performed by an otolaryngologist.
The radio wave method is used more often than others.
- Laboratory signsVisibleNot immediately after infection. It will take about 3 months before the growths appear.
- The virus can be detected in people with low levelsImmunity.In this regard, experts advise people living with HPV to get tested for HIV.
- In some cases recovery is possibleOne of your own.During the recovery period the warts will disappear by themselves.
- EliminationExternal symptoms do not lead to elimination of the viral agent. There is no specific etiological therapy, antiviral drugs are used in the treatment. They are effective in the presence of herpesvirus, hepatitis and other infections.
After detecting growths on the surface of the tongue or throat, it is necessary to determine which species this condyloma belongs to. They are divided into 2 types:
- Reactive.Papillomas are the result of the side effects of various irritants. These are mainly mechanical, chemical, thermal or infectious injuries.
- Neoplastic.Very rarely seen. Outwardly, they look like usually multiple nodules. They are presented in groups or as individual papules.
Papillomas that occur on the surface or in the tongue of children and adults also distinguish 2 types.
It is an outgrowth under the tongue that has a light pink tinge and a sharp shape. In some cases, they may grow.
Externally it looks like a cauliflower flower. A similar neoplasm forms on the feet. Small but causes significant pain.
Sometimes there is discomfort in the swallowing process. Droplet papilloma interferes, interferes with teeth and cheeks. The favorite place for this wart will be under the tongue.
You have to be very careful. Self-medication is prohibited. Treatment is allowed only under the supervision of a specialist.
They are characterized by distinctly outlined contours, slightly protruding above the skin surface. They are located in the throat, on the tonsils, on the small tongue. They do not cause much pain. They are very difficult to find.
Any examination should be performed by a doctor at the hospital. Self-medication can have consequences for a person’s life and health. Therapy involves the use of various medications. No surgical intervention is required.
When such formations appear in children, their difference will be the excessive growth of the mucous membrane tissues of the small tongue.
The growth selects the mucous membranes of the oral cavity that are subject to regular damage. When the stroma is involved in ongoing inflammation, the growth grows intensively. This is due to the fact that the stroma is the basis of the organs.
It arises from connective tissue saturated with blood and lymphatic vessels with multiple nerve endings. Such an environment is favorable for warts. It immediately begins to grow, transforms into an ulcer, bleeds and causes severe discomfort.
Neoplasms that are located separately on the surface of the tongue require special attention. Similar symptoms are common in women. The result is neuralgia.
Even if the warts are invisible, the sensations in the mouth cause significant discomfort.
On the tongue papilloma is difficult to remain invisible. Unpleasant sensations, burning, pain are concentrated at a certain point on the surface of the tongue.
The patient looks at the affected area and finds a light white rash that looks like purulent acne. The main cause of genital warts on the surface of the tongue is human infection with HPV.
This is influenced by many provoking factors:
- Reduced workloadImmuneSystems.
- Tobacco smoking.
- Excessive useAlcohol.
- Მ silentillDiseases.
- Self-employment of oral admissionContraceptives.
Before going to the doctor, a person should find out what is bothering him. It is necessary to identify the place of discomfort on the surface of the tongue. In children it is a shooting or aching pain, in adulthood it is a foreign body sensation or constant discomfort in a certain area of the tongue.
More specifically, papilloma can be diagnosed for the following reasons:
- Growth is locatedFoot.
- SurfaceWarts are soft.
- ElfWarts are like the shadow of a tongue.
- sizesRanges from 2 mm to 2 cm.
The side walls of the tongue are a favorite place for growths. Less often - under it or on the beard.
The neoplasm does not cause severe pain, but there is discomfort or a foreign body sensation. Often there is more than one growth, a thorough examination can identify a whole group of small neoplasms.
Proper attitude towards your own health will help to identify papilloma on the tongue in time.
An increase in the anterior surface of the tongue is immediately apparent. Prevents normal feeding, talking, bleeding, because it is easy to attach and damage.
This causes unpleasant pain sensations. When a condyloma is located in the oral cavity, for example, on the soft palate or on the back of the tongue, it is permissible to notice it, accidentally, during the examination by the patient's specialist. Once the growth is detected, the doctor will examine its structure.
Papilloma is a soft structure. And the shadow is somewhat lighter than the mucosa. When it is in the mouth, it will be rough.
The neoplasm in a child has a difference: the warts appear to cover the tongue, cover the entire soft palate, and reach the tonsils. It is much easier to detect in children than in adults.
Particular attention should be paid to examining people in the elderly: they often develop a malignant tumor that resembles a wart. Only at the base of the cancerous tissue from which the growth arises is a distinct ring.
Neoplasms under the tongue or in the oral cavity are treated under the supervision of a dermatologist. After a thorough and comprehensive study he should prescribe medication. In some cases, warts can be removed surgically.
Medication includes the following prescriptions:
- statementLocalTherapy with a solution of vitamin A oil, in the absence of indications for surgical removal of the growth.
- UseInterferons, Which reduce the amount of viral DNA in the focus of pathology.
- Simultaneous applicationImmunostimulatoryAntiviral drugs.
At this time, there is no effective way to help get rid of HPV completely. The use of any medication should be agreed with a specialist.
Antiviral therapy involves the use of medications to eliminate the development of HPV. Vitamin complexes are prescribed, they help to activate the body's defenses. The specialist recommends a balanced diet and active lifestyle.
According to statistics, patients with papillomas have a weakened immune system. People with high immunity are carriers of HPV, but at the same time have no manifestations on the skin.
The specialist prescribes immunomodulators, a complex of vitamins and restorative medications. We must remember: immunity can not be increased by taking pills in one day. Medications are intended to maintain a weakened body during a critical period.
HPV is one of the few strains of the virus against which the vaccine has been developed. It contains organic matter that is similar in structure to live HPV viruses. Immunity to real pathogens is perfectly developed.
Prior to vaccination it is necessary to exclude:
- Pregnancy.Get tested or have a blood test.
- Serious usemedicalFunds.
Vaccination is given intramuscularly. Dangerous side effects are very rare.
The method by which the papilloma is removed should be chosen by the treating specialist. It depends on the location, the characteristics of the organism. There are several ways to get rid of neoplasms:
- SurgicalExcision with a surgical scalpel. "Cauterization" is performed after the procedure. Similar techniques are used in the presence or absence of single formations and other methods cannot be used.
- LaserElimination. The most effective, painless method without side effects. The disadvantage is the high cost of the procedure.
- Electrocoagulation.The method involves increasing the cauterization of the current. Disadvantages include painful manipulation and a long period of rehabilitation.
- Radio WaveSurgery. The technique is similar to the previous one, but instead of power, high-frequency radio waves act on the papilloma. The pain is negligible, with minimal side effects and a short rehabilitation period.
- Cryodestruction.The most unpopular surgical way to eliminate papilloma on the tongue. The neoplasm opens up under the influence of cold on it. The wart freezes to the temperature of liquid nitrogen. The growth freezes and dies within a week.
If the technique involves excision of the wart, then biomass is sent for histological diagnosis to analyze the growth structure.
When papillomas appear on the tongue, the patient experiences some discomfort. So while eating, growth can easily collapse. In addition, formations are seen during conversation and contribute to speech change.
Droplet-type formations cause not only physical but also psychological discomfort. Against the background of such a condition a person may experience discomfort when meeting with a dentist, ENT. Complexes also occur when interacting with other people.
There is a serious danger of localizing the growths inside the oral cavity as they can provoke the penetration of another infection, thus increasing the risk of blood poisoning. All of this often leads to oncological diseases that often end in death.
It is not difficult to take measures to protect yourself from this pathology. Reduce the risk of HPV infection by:
- Avoid casual and vulnerableGenitalContacts, use of contraception;
- Use of personal belongingsHygiene;
- To doVaccinationFrom HPV in children and women at a young age.
When the infection has already occurred, it is necessary to prevent the activation of the viral agent due to weakened immunity:
- Use complexesVitamins;
- Get rid of the badHabits;
- to avoidStressfulSituations and stress.
HPV infection should not be neglected and its manifestations should not be left without proper treatment by a qualified physician.
Papilloma of the tongue is a dangerous growth that requires a mandatory visit to a highly qualified doctor. The patient's main task will be to detect growths in a timely manner and seek help from a specialist.